Through the Rice University Technology Education Center (RTEC).
Seven Tuesdays, April 20-June 1, 2004, 6:00-9:00 p.m. Limited enrollment.
Register for this course by calling 713-348-5653, or register online at http://www.scs.rice.edu/rtec.
This course provides a well-balanced mixture of lecture and hands-on computer lab experiences for those who want to learn how to use this powerful software as a tool to create, process, optimize and export interactive graphics optimized for the Web. Students will use the software to create and process images compatible with the Web while learning about the different file formats and the related basics about image and color theory.
This course is designed for individuals who wish to learn how to prepare graphics for the Web. A basic understanding of Windows operations, file management, and the Internet is required. Familiarity with HTML or Dreamweaver is a plus.
Learn the fundamentals of Fireworks MX necessary to create and insert images into a basic Web page
- Learn the basics of image and color theory as pertains to the Web
- Learn about the different file formats compatible with Web use
- Learn how to create interactivity with graphics
- Learn how Fireworks MX can be integrated with Macromedia Dreamweaver and Flash
- Fireworks MX Basics
- Introduction to the Fireworks MX interface
- Navigating the interface
- Creating a new document
- Creating, editing, and modifying bitmap images
- Working with Vectors and Layers
- Working with vector objects
- Using freeform vector tools and layers
- Union, Intersect, Punch, and Crop commands
- Combining vector paths
- Working with Effects and Masks
- Using strokes and fills
- Effects, styles, and blending
- Using and creating masks
- Adding Interactive Objects
- Creating and working with Hotspots; slicing images
- Creating and adding navigation elements, rollovers, and pop-up menus
- Building buttons
- Using Fireworks MX with Dreamweaver
- Optimizing and exporting graphics
- Importing graphics to Dreamweaver
- Using Fireworks MX with Flash
- Introduction to components
- Integration between Fireworks MX and Macromedia Flash
- Editing a Fireworks MX graphic from Macromedia Flash
Anne Jungman is the instructor for this course.
All students attending this course will also get online support through
Class handouts, updates and Q&A are posted in the Forum regularly. Students
can also use the Forum to collaborate with each other in solving assignments
discussed in class.
Home | Services
Offered | Portfolio
Us | Contact Us